In today’s world, there are more than 2000 different types of fruit, each with different benefits. Of course, the list doesn’t end here but let’s get started
Fruits rich in vitamin A –Vitamin A(retinol) is an organic molecule that balances important procedures in the body and strengthens our immune system amplifying the protective capacity of the barriers within our body.
Vitamin A is most common in:
- Citrus fruits (lemon, oranges, limes)
- Yellow-green fruits (melon, papaya, etc)
- Pink or red grapefruits
How often should we eat These? We should try to add vitamin a to our diet, at least, in every meal.
Fruits rich in vitamin B
What good do the B vitamins do to our bodies?
B vitamins do lots of good to our body, just think about this:
-They make the body’s cells work correctly
-They help with keeping healthy our brain cells
-They have an important role in cell metabolism (converting nutrients into energy) and the formation of red blood cells
There are many types of B vitamins, and every single one of them has a share in what we just mentioned.
B vitamins are most common in:
- Citrus fruits (oranges, clementines, lemons) contain vitamin B2, Riboflavin and vitamin B1, Thiamine
- Bananas contain 35% of our recommended daily dose of B6
- Apples contain vitamin B1, B2, and B6
How often should we eat These? At least 3 times a day, this is what doctors recommend.
Fruits that help soothe medical conditions & improve our health
Today many people think that solely assuming medications to treat specific conditions, is enough, but the truth is that with the help of the correct fruits we can improve our health exponentially.
For instance, in this list you’ll see some fruits and the advantages they have:
- APPLES protect the heart, prevent constipation and improve lung capacity
- APRICOTS fight cancer, make blood pressure levels normal, and slow aging
- AVOCADOS (technically considered fruits) fight against diabetes, keep cholesterol levels in check, and make the skin smooth
- BANANAS protect the heart, treat cough, make bones stronger and help avoid diarrhea
- BLUEBERRIES reduce the risk of cancer, age-related amnesia, and diabetes and possibly slow the aging process
- CANTALOUPES (melons) improve eyesight, make blood pressure levels normal and aid the immune system
- ORANGES reduce the risk of heart disease and cancer, help in keeping a good vision and healthy bones
Continue eating fruits!
In this article, we found out just a few of the advantages that come when we consume a good number of fruits.
There are many more, but these alone are necessary to grasp the main point: eating fruits is good.
If we add them in our diet, it will definitely improve it and also, we’ll be able to live a healthier lifestyle free of problems.
Written by: Naomi Ugiagbe(Italy)