A fire broke out in Anuoluwapo community, Kangile area, Sango, Ilorin in Ilorin East local government of Kwara State, destroying a four-bedroom bungalow. The Kwara State Fire Service received a distress call and quickly responded to the incident. They were able to contain the blaze and prevent it from spreading to neighboring buildings. It was discovered that the fire was initiated by an unidentified individual who set undergrowth ablaze, which then reached and ignited the building.
The Director of the Fire Service issued a warning against engaging in bush burning activities and emphasized the importance of safety consciousness to prevent such incidents. In another fire incident at Olooru along Ilorin/Bode-Saadu/Jebba express road, the fire service successfully saved the Alflaman Petrol Station from being consumed by fire. The incident was caused by a petrol attendant who was siphoning fuel from a tanker. The quick response of the firefighting team prevented extensive damage to the filling station. The Director of Fire Service issued a safety warning to operators and people working in petrol and gas stations, urging them to maintain heightened safety consciousness.